Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 28, 2012

 one of the worst meals so far in the mission...the dark meat is chicken liver yum.

 best meal of the mission in hard rock cafe





Paintball was tight
 
Hello dead family,
 
Ok so I just barely got your email and am in a rush to respond to all of your questions...
 
1. Dri lux are the best garments because you´re going to sweat no matter what you use but the dri lux absorb a lot which helps to sustain your clothes in good shape other wise you´re going to be walking around after two weeks with yellow pits in your shirts. Mesh are nice every once in a while because they are more breathable but to be honest I prefer the dri lux because they are more comfortable. More than anything is to go through the temple early and figure out what you like the best and she´s lucky cause she´s in summer there right now and can test them out.
 
2. Backpacks are interesting and to be honest I ended up buying a normal black jansport and love it but if you want something different there are tons of options in the hiking stores. Also they are not as strict as we thought with backpacks and so as long as you´re not rocking something too bright that the people would want to steal you´re ok. Also when she gets here she´s going to buy a genuine panamá shoulder bag that just swings over one shoulder and then from there it comes down to preference once again.  
3. I´m not sure I have never been in a zone with sister missionaries but I would imagine that Callie Clark would know. What I have seen is that they wear sandal type shoes and sometimes without socks. But once again I´m not 100 percent sure sorry....
4. The ipod with the little speakers is something i wish I would have brought for music. It´s not allowed in the MTC but once you´re here in the field it´s recommended. It would have been awesome because you don´t have to carry around big speakers or cd´s with your music.
 
Ok I hope that helped a little bit and any other questions that they have I would be happy to let them know to the best of my ability! Hey please make sure to give Korban a huge hug for me and to let him know how much I love him. He´s such an example to me for being courageous enough to follow the spirit and to make the decision that he did. I know that he is an excellent missionary and that when he has the chance to leave again that he will be able to continue to serve the Lord in such an amazing way. The Atonement is real and I have been a first hand witness of that in my own life and also in the lives of others. I will be sure to be praying for him extra hard in the next few weeks and mom I want you to be sure to go and give him a big hug.
 
Ah I´m sorry I don´t have a ton of time to write I didn´t get your email until the end of my time on the computer I´m so thankful for all of you and what the mission has brought into my life. I hope that you all are well and will be able to always follow the spirit and make him a part of your lives. I love you all and will be excited to talk to you next week and let you know about the changes!
 
Elder Andrew Hawks
Love you all have a wonderful week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment