Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 7, 2012

Hello family,

Well I never thought that I would ever say this to you but as I sit at
the computer this afternoon I am shivering and soaking wet. Today for
our pday we did the most awesome thing in the whole world. We went to
a place called valle antton, it´s super cool because it is in the
interior with all kinds of sweet stuff and long story short we had to
climb down a mountain in an aguacerro.

Well I´m glad to hear from you all this week and it´s always nice to
hear that everything is going well, people are happy, healthy, and
blessed. Kade is off to the South in Alabama. Kenzie´s dad served in
the Alabama mission a few years back and I´m sure would be excited to
talk to him if he would like. 

Ok so this week with the work was about the same as usual but we were
able to have 10 lessons with members which is always a HUGE bonus for
us here. Also we are planning a huge activity and so me, being so
smart, decided to go into the relief society and elders quroum and
talk to all of them about it. We as missionaries are going to pass
around a paper so that the members can sign up to have us over so that
we can teach them a quick spiritual message and then help them know
how to invite their friends to the activity. They were all really
excited and so on Sunday when we talk I can explain a little more
about that and how the whole things going to work.

Hermano Martinez is an absolute stud and was confirmed yesterday and
ordained to the aaronic priesthood. I´m so dang proud of him and all
of the great choices he has made in these past few months to make this
decision. It makes me so happy to see the joy the gospel of Jesus
Christ brings into the lives of the people that we teach. I know that
as a missionary I have the privelage to bless their lives a lot but
sometimes I don´t think they understand the blessing that they are all
to me. I have learned soooooo much from the people here already it is
crazy but also exciting to know that there is still so much to learn
and so much room to grow everyday.

I´m really excited to talk to all of you and due to the fact that I
get to on Sunday I´ll leave this one a little bit short to build up
the suspense;) Love you all and hope that you have a great week!
 
Love,
 
Elder Hawks

No comments:

Post a Comment