Saturday, September 14, 2013

August 25, 2013


Mom and Dad,

Thanks a ton for your emails.  I love hearing from my family it means a whole lot to me and I couldn´t ben happier with the way that my mission has gone and all the support that I´ve felt from home.  I know a lot of missionaries who´s parents fought with them not to come and haven´t written them the whole time they´ve been here so I couldn´t be more blessed to have the family that I do!  

Well Stephen is heading out on a mission it sounds like...dang I´m not going to see him for 4 years that´s kind of sad but I think I know just as good as anyone that it´s worth it.  I know that he´s grown up a lot in the past 2 years that I´ve been here and I can´t wait to hear about all of the experiences that he´s going to have it´s going to be amazing to serve the Lord in Spain.  I already talked to President Carmack and he´s given me permission to call Stephen before he goes into the MTC. 

This week has been another good one.  I think the reality that my mission is coming to an end is hitting me as I hear about Boston and John getting home.  Sooner than I know it it´s going to be my turn and I don´t know how I feel about that quite frankly haha.  Don´t worry I´m not counting days, or laying in bed thinking about home it´s just hitting me that I have to take advantage of these last months in the mission because it´s a time that´s never going to be given back to me so I have to make the most of it!  Things are going well with me and my companion and it´s picking up in our area as well because these last 2 weeks we´ve been able to plan all of our other things around our appointments in order to get more work done and it´s showed its fruits.  

We´re working with the family of a single mother named Alina.  She is from Cuba and has 4 little boys and 1 little girl.  Every time we go to their house we have to fight in order to create some sort of atmosphere where you can feel the spirit.  It went well this week because she, two of her sons and her little girl all came to church today and really liked it.  We´re going to visit her this week and try to put a fecha with her so that she can start preparing with her family to get baptized.  Pray for her please!

Another lady that we´re teaching is named Amparo and she´s from Colombia (in this area I feel like we teach every nationality besides panamanians).  She is here visiting her daughter Lorena who is a 24 year old girl who wants to get baptized with her whole heart but can´t because her to be husband still doesn´t have papers to get married in panama and they can´t afford to go to Colombia for them to get married so we´re just waiting for the process to finish there to get them all baptized.  Amparo had never heard of the church before but being here with her daughter and coming to church the past three weeks has helped her out a lot.  Today we visited her and she told us that in Colombia whenever she would go to church she would leave feeling the same as when she had entered but that coming to church with us she´s felt better.  She explained it that our church has something that she just couldn´t quite explain but that she likes!  It´s awesome and we´re hoping to meet with her this week and put a fecha with her as well.  

I´m having a ton of fun right now.  I love the work, I love the missionaries and I love just about everything else that has to do with Panama!  I´m doing well and doing everything to make sure that I give it my all!  I love you all and hope that you have an awesome week!!

Elder Hawks

P.S.  When I call, I want to talk a little bit about you guys coming to Panama to pick me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment