Tuesday, January 21, 2014

November 11, 2013

Fam,

Hey thanks a bunch for the emails and for the packages from last week.  I´m happy to know that you guys are doing well and that everything is going good on the home front.  I love you all!  

So I´m feeling really lazy to write letters because in a few weeks I´m going to be able to tell you about all the stuff that´s happening here so this is going to be short.  This week was good as always and i´m sure that the next week will be good too.  Having four of us has been a huge help because we can cover a lot more space and see more of the missionaries in the week.  This week we visited 3 zones and in all of them things are improving.  Something that we´re discovering is that as a whole the Sisters are better teachers but the Elders are better at challenging their investigators.  I´ve noticed that a lot of us are afraid to invite our friends or family members to learn more about the church.  My favorite scripture for this subject is in 1 John 4: 18 because that´s where we learn that we need to show our love for God and for the people around us by teaching them the gospel.  

Yesterday I got to speak in church which was kind of fun.  It´s weird to think how comfortable I am giving talks now and especially in Spanish.  Before the mission I would get terrified to do something like that and now it´s just natural.  I love that.  Things are going well in our area as well.  We received a few references this weekend and now we´re going to have to get in touch with them so that Laurino and I can baptize in our last change of the mission.  

I love you all and hope that you keep doing well.  I´ll be sure to be praying for my friends in the Phillipines and I know that what´s happening there is kind of like what happened to Ammon when the Lamanites started to scatter the sheep of the king.  It´s all about how we see the situation and we can use it to our advantage as an opportunity to work with the people and have new finding and teaching experiences.  I love you and hope you have a great week!

Elder Hawks

Dad this is an "Asado" that we did last night.  Hopefully it brings back a memory or two from your mission!


No comments:

Post a Comment