Tuesday, January 21, 2014

October 14, 2013


Mom,

Sorry to be short but my companion and I are heading out to "el interior" to do our capacitations with the zones out there.  It`s going to be about a 5 hour drive and we have to get there to pick up President who`s going to be flying in this afternoon.  Thanks so much for your email and all of the love that you`re showing me and thanks also for all of the help with school.  Yesterday was a good day because one of our investigators Kevin accepted a fecha to be baptized.  It`s a neat story because I contacted him over a year ago one night when we were playing soccer with some other investigators and now he`s getting interested.  

Yesterday and Saturday was stake conference and the stake president (jorge amaya, a famous commentator here in Panama and the bishop of the ward in Brisas del Golf when I was there) asked my companion and I to teach in the priesthood session how the priesthood can help in missionary work.  We talked about working hand in hand with the priesthood to do visits.  In our stake only 19% of the families receive visits and one of our main goals is to work with less active members to reactivate and baptize those in the families that haven`t had that opportunity.  It was a different experience to stand in front of a bunch of bishops and elders quorom presidents instead of a bunch of missionaries but it was fun and I think we did a good job!

I love you all so much and can`t wait to hear from you next week!  Make sure to send me pictures from Disneyland please!

Elder Hawks (the one in Panama)

No comments:

Post a Comment